9/9/08

ALL IS FAIR UP THERE!!!

I stood in front of the mirror,
Taking a look at my gawky reflection.
When it suddenly struck me,
There are two shades of Gods creation.

Why is that some are born as white as snow
While, most others are well like me,
Why is that some have tresses the color of gold,
While mine were as black as could be.

How is it that some have sea green eyes.
Or some a lovely blue
How come the gift of a well shaped nose
Is given only to few.

Why is there so much discrimination
On the part of the God above,
One color for the races
The creator should allow.

But it is none so, and that is tragedy
For all those like me,
And the injustice of the one above
Is there for all to see.

Indeed it was bitter that day,
And I was still angry when I fell asleep.
All men are equal, this promise I thought,
Even God has forgot to keep.

That night I had a very strange dream.
I dreamnt that I had crossed over to the other world,
I stood near the gates of Heaven
Around me flags of all colors unfurled.

I stood there for quite some time
Admiring the house of God.
When all of a sudden I realized
I stood face to face with God.

'So my little girl' God began
With a voice forcefully deep
I hear you find me unjust and mean
For my own promises I don't keep

I stood there in guilty silence
As the wise one stroked his beard
I though it unwise to stand and argue
With some one I greatly feared.

'To begin with little one' God said
'All color prejudice is man made'
The very prejudice of so called injustice
Man himself has laid.

Then with a twinkle in his eye God added.
Let me tell u some thing I haven't told anyone before
Up here in this place so called heaven
I own a costume store.

To each of them who come to me
A nice costume I do lend
A sweet outfit that remains with you
Till the very end.

And it is with all these, one must learn to live
Learn to grow and bloom,
Each should learn to help and share
Irrespective of the color of the costume

For after all each one returns
After they've done the work, the whole
The only color that matters to me
Is the color of every soul.

And so for the ones boastful of their fair color
Well now they needn't be
For all of all at the end of the day
All costumes come back to me

So why should it bother you little girl
If you don't have the tresses the color of gold.
Its far more important to have a clear conscious
A conscious alive and bold

And not having a well shaped nose
Is not what I call a sin.
And fair should be the deed you know
And not the color of your skin.

And the chuckling God added
After that explanation of burrowing and lending
I'd much appretiate it little girl
If this poem had a happy ending

And so here I am fully convinced
Thats its all indeed fair
It may not be absolute all around
But atleast up there!!!